A 20-year-old man was charged with possession of a firearm stolen from Virginia after a traffic stop in Clarksdale on Thursday night, March 21.
Police activity reported Tuesday, March 26
* 200 block of Delta Street. Resident assaulted.
* 1400 block of Rose Circle. Nothing was taken.
A 41-year-old man was arrested by the Clarksdale Police Department on Tuesday, March 12, and charged with obtaining a prescription by fraud.
Myron Percy was charged after police said they received a call that he was attempting to obtain a prescription by fraud.
Police activity report for Wednesday, March 20
* 1100 block of Cheyenne Street. A television, a PlayStation4 and a pair of shoes were taken.
Activity report for Saturday, March 16 – Monday, March 18, 2019
A 38-year-old man was jailed on gun charges after a traffic stop and foot pursuit in Clarksdale on Saturday night, March 8.
Roosevelt Smith was charged with felon in possession of a handgun following the incident.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections issued an arrest warrant for a 25-year-old man after a traffic stop in Clarksdale on Thursday afternoon, March 7.
The DOC issued a warrant for the arrest of Demarco Brown for a probation violation on Thursday.
Police activity report for Wednesday, March 13
* 800 block of State Street (Jimmy’s Portable Buildings). Nothing was taken.
* 600 block of State Street (Circle K). U.S. currency and a couple of credit cards were taken.
According to a press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Oxford, a former employee at a Clarkdale bank was recently sentenced to two years in prison for embezzling funds from Southern Bancorp Bank.
A 25-year-old Clarksdale man was charged with felony possession of marijuana after a traffic stop on Friday night, March 1.
Police activity report for Tuesday, March 5
Shooting into an occupied dwelling
* 600 block of Barnes Street. No one was injured, but a mother and several children were in the home.
Activity report for Saturday, March 2 – Monday, March 4