Clarksdale reports fourth shooting in six days



Clarksdale has seen four shootings in six days with another man seriously injured by gunfire while walking on a city street.

The Clarksdale Police Department responded to the 500 block of Catalpa Street at 2:34 a.m. June 1 following a phone call that a man had been shot.

Police spoke with Appie Moore who said she and Roderico Robinson were walking near Chickasaw and Pecan streets and got into an argument with a second man later identified at Michael Williams.

Moore told police that during the argument a gun was pulled and several shots were fired and Robinson was hit three times.

Robinson was transported to the Emergency Room at Northwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center and was later flown to Region One in Memphis.

The case was assigned to Clarksdale Police Department Investigator K. Walker and is an active investigation.

Clarksdale Assistant Chief Vince Ramirez has asked anyone with information about any of these shootings to call the Clarksdale Police Department at 621-8156, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or simply dial 911. All calls remain anonymous and cash is paid to those providing information that leads to solving this crime.

Residents are reminded that Clarksdale has a 10 p.m. to 5 p.m. curfew and there are to be no public gatherings under an order issued by the city.

Friday shooting

A juvenile was shot Friday evening on Pecan Street and authorities are looking for the persons responsible for the alleged aggravated assault.

Clarksdale police were called to the Northwest Mississippi Regional Hospital emergency room at 7:34 p.m. Friday after a juvenile was brought to the hospital by his mother with a gunshot wound to the leg.

Officers spoke with the 14-year-old, male juvenile who said he was walking in the 600 block of Pecan Street when he saw two males fighting. He told police there was a crowd and someone fired a weapon and he was hit in the leg.

Thursday homicide

Clarksdale recorded its third homicide for 2020 with the death of a local man on June 28.

Police were called to the 100 block of 17th Street about 11:45 p.m. Thursday after a citizen called saying a man was lying in the street and had been shot.

Officers found Glynn Busby, 50, of Clarksdale, at the scene with a gunshot wound to the head.

Wednesday shooting

A Clarksdale man has been arrested for shooting at a car occupied by two women early Wednesday morning.

Clarksdale Police responded to a call at 1:28 a.m. Wednesday in the area of Nebraska and State streets in reference to the shooting.

Police spoke with Monkerya Whitfield who told officers she and Victoria Williams were in her car and her brother was following her trying to get Victoria out of the car.

Whitfield said she heard several gun shots and one bullet struck her vehicle at which point she called police.

Officers later arrested Kadarius Thomas, 27, for the shooting and he was charged with two counts of attempted aggravated assault and for being a felon in possession of a weapon.


When the COVID-19 pandemic broke out in March, all sorts of questions entered my mind when it came... READ MORE


Joe Jackson, 72, of Tutwiler died Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at Northwest Mississippi Regional... READ MORE


Joe Jackson, 72, of Tutwiler died Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at Northwest Mississippi Regional... READ MORE