U.S. Senators Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) and Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.), have announced the award of $24.3 million in grants to make improvements at 26 Mississippi airfields.
The U.S. Department of Transportation on behalf of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Airport Improvement Program grants
Clarksdale’s Fletcher Field, Tunica Municipal Airport, University-Oxford Airport, Ruleville-Drew Airport and Indianola Municipal Airport are all receiving funds.
The FAA grants totaling $24,296,891 will support the following Mississippi airport improvement projects. Area airports on the list are:
• University-Oxford Airport, City of Oxford – $2,760,500 to rehabilitate runway
• Holly Springs-Marshall County, City of Holly Springs – $292,829 to seal apron pavement and taxiway pavement
• Fletcher Field Airport, City of Clarksdale – $270,000 to install runway and visual guidance system
• Ruleville-Drew Airport, City of Drew – $269,618 to construct terminal building, install runway guidance system, and rehabilitate access road
• Indianola Municipal Airport, City of Indianola – $150,000 to rehabilitate runway and taxiway lighting
• Tunica Municipal Airport, City of Tunica – $117,000 to conduct or update miscellaneous study.