The NCAA College Football All-America Team is an honor given annually to the best American college football players at their respective positions.
The following are three football athletes from the University of Mississippi who have been named candidates, but not selected, for the honor.
The original use of the term All-American is attributed to use with the 1889 College Football All-America Team selected by Caspar Whitney and published in This Week's Sports.
Football pioneer Walter Camp also began selecting All-America teams in the 1890s and was recognized as the official selector in the early years of the 20th century.
260-of-380 | 3,339 passing yards | 20 passing TDs | 597 rushing yards | 11 rushing TDs | 327.6 total ypg
• Leads SEC, No. 4 nationally in QB rush TDs (11)
• No. 2 in SEC, ninth nationally in total offense (327.6 ypg)
• Responsible for 188 points, third in the SEC and 15th nationally
• Has thrown a TD pass in 23 of his last 24 games
• No. 3 in SEC, 11th nationally in passing yards (3,339)
• One of only two FBS QBs with more than 20 passing touchdowns and at least 10 rushing TDs
• Corral became just the third Ole Miss QB in program history to tally 20 passing TDs in back-to-back seasons.
• Just the second QB in program history to throw for 20-plus touchdowns and run for 10 or more TDs in the same season (Chad Kelly, 2015).
• Corral finished with a career high in both rushing yards (195) and attempts (30) vs. the Vols
• Became first Rebel to run 30 times in a game since 2007
• Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award Finalist
• Walter Camp Player of the Year Semifinalist
• Maxwell Award Semifinalist
• Davey O’Brien Award Semifinalist
56 total tackles | 15.0 TFLs | 12.5 sacks | 4 forced fumbles
• Ole Miss’ modern-day single-season sack record holder (12.5)
• Third in FBS in sacks (12.5)
• Key anchor in Rebel defense that has tallied 39 total sacks this season, second-most in school history
• Leads SEC, No. 7 nationally in forced fumbles (4)
• No. 2 in SEC, 15th nationally in TFLs (15.0)
• Has a sack in nine of 12 games this season
• Has had a tackle for loss in 10 of this season’s 12 games
• Third all-time in Ole Miss' career record book with 22.5 sacks
• Seventh all-time in program history with 32.5 career tackles for loss
• Butkus Award Watch List
• Ted Hendricks Award Watch List
• Started all 12 games at left tackle, playing in nearly all offensive snaps (927)
• Allowed just two sacks in over 499 pass blocking snaps
• Blocked for the No. 11 rushing attack (224.7) and fifth-ranked total offense (506.7) in the country
• Member of offensive line unit that has helped blocked for a rushing attack that features four players who have rushed for more than 500 yards this season
• Anchors offensive line for a Rebel offense that ranks top-15 nationally in six offensive categories