Below is a press release from the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce:
Yesterday, Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce Andy Gipson officially kicked off the 162nd Mississippi State Fair with a ceremonial ribbon cutting.
Commissioner Gipson invites everyone to attend the 162nd Mississippi State Fair and announces the schedule of Mississippi State Fair events taking place today, Thursday, October 7, 2021. All events take place on the Mississippi State Fairgrounds.
Ride Specials: $2 Rides per Person from 2pm-10pm.
Scheduled Activities & Events for Thursday, October 7, 2021:
- 11:00 a.m. – Gates Open (Free admission until 1:00 p.m.)
- 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. – Ag Expo & Genuine MS Store - Trade Mart
- 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. – Farm Bureau Petting Zoo - Midway near Gate 1
- 12:30 p.m., 4:15 p.m., 6:00 p.m. – West Texas Rattlesnake Show - Mississippi Frontier Village
- 1:00 p.m., 4:45 p.m., 7:15 p.m. – Tumbleweed Crossing - Mississippi Frontier Village
- 2:00 p.m., 5:40 p.m., 6:40 p.m., 8:00 p.m. – Farm Bureau Pig Races - Mississippi Frontier Village
- 2:00 p.m. – Rides Open
- 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. – Frontier Village Train Depot - Mississippi Frontier Village
- 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. – Biscuit Booth
- 5:30 p.m., 7:00 p.m. – Zerbini Family Circus - Midway beside Giant Slide Ride
- 7:30 p.m. – Live Performance by Smash Mouth - Budweiser Stage
- 10:00 p.m. – Gates Close
The Mississippi State Fair runs through Sunday, October 17, with a gate admission price of $5.00 per person and parking fee of $5.00 per car. Children aged 6 and under will be admitted free of charge. Enjoy free admission every weekday from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., with the exception of Monday, October 11.
For a list of daily events including livestock shows, ride specials and latest information, visit www.msstatefair.com online, download the Mississippi State Fair mobile app or follow the Mississippi State Fairgrounds on Facebook.