The economy and government are reopening and Mississippi’s first runoff election will be held June 23 with regular voting requirements restarting, too.
The Second Congressional District Republican Runoff Election between Brian Flowers and Thomas Carey will be held on June 23, 2020. All 18 precincts in Coahoma County will be open to those wanting to vote.
Other approaching deadlines and requirements are:
• Tuesday, May 26: Voter registration deadline for voting in the June 23, Republican Runoff Election.
• Monday - June 1: The qualifying deadline for County Election Commissioner is 5 p.m.
• Saturday, June 13: Absentee voting will be held at the Coahoma County Circuit Clerk’s office at the Coahoma County Courthouse from 8 a.m. until noon.
• Saturday, June 20: In-person absentee voting can be conducted at the Coahoma County Circuit Clerk’s office from 8 a.m. to noon.
• Tuesday, June 23: Election Day polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
Anyone with questions about voting or election issues can contact Coahoma County Circuit Clerk Demetria Jackson at 662-624-3014 or go to www.coahomacounty.net.