With Election Day set for Nov. 3, voters are reminded there are things they can do to make Election Day go smoother for them and county officials.
If you have questions about voting, please call Coahoma County Circuit Clerk Demetria Jackson at 624-3014.
• Polling Place Location: Please contact your county Circuit Clerk’s Office for directions to your polling place. Several counties have changed polling places due to COVID-19.
• Voter Photo ID: Voters are required to show photo identification at the polls. A voter without an acceptable form of photo identification is entitled to cast an affidavit ballot. An affidavit ballot may be counted if the voter provides an acceptable form of photo identification to the Circuit Clerk’s Office within five business days after the election.
• Campaigning: It is unlawful to campaign for any candidate within 150 feet of any entrance to a polling place, unless on private property.
• Loitering: The polling places should be clear for 30 feet from every entrance of all people except elections officials, voters waiting to vote, or authorized poll watchers.
• Camera Phones: Voters are prohibited from taking pictures of their marked ballot.
• COVID-19: Our office encouraged county officials to provide sanitizing and disinfecting products at each precinct. Voters are encouraged to practice good hygiene and follow CDC guidelines at the polls.