The following crime reports were released by the Clarksdale Police Department Assistant Chief Vincent Ramirez, Thu. May 7 through Tues. May 12, 2020.
Anyone with information about these crimes or any other crimes is urged to call the Clarksdale Police Department at 621-8156.
All calls remain anonymous.
TUESDAY, May 12
No Felonies to report
SAT-SUN, May 9-10
• 100 block of Anderson Blvd., currency was taken from a business.
Shots fired calls
• MLK and Mississippi Street, nothing found
• 8th Street and Paul Edwards Street, nothing found.
THURSDAY, May 7
• 400 block of Quincy Street, a handgun was taken from the vehicle.
• On Thursday May 7, 2020 around 6:30 p.m., Special Operations team conducted a traffic stop on Walnut Street for a traffic violation.
During the stop, a felony amount of what was believed to be marijuana was found in the vehicle and a weapon was also found in the vehicle.
Officers arrested Dennis Richardson, 55, of Indianapolis, Ind. He was charged with Felony Possession of Marijuana and felon in possession of a weapon. He was placed in the Coahoma County Jail to await an initial appearance before Municipal Court Judge Derek Hopson on Friday.
- - -
The Clarksdale Police Report is a public safety service of the Clarksdale Police Department.
They urge you to fight crime and to report suspicious activity in your neighborhood by calling 911 immediately.