Police activity reported Wednesday, April 24
* 500 block of Spruce Street. A purse and wallet were taken.
Police activity reported Tuesday, April 23
Attempted aggravated assault
* 500 block of Indiana Avenue. No one was hit.
Police activity reported Monday, April 22
* 100 block of Westover Drive. Handgun was taken.
* 400 block of Mississippi Avenue. Handgun and a credit card in a wallet were taken.
* 500 block of Prince Avenue. Cash and credit cards were taken.
Attempted Commercial Burglary
* 100 block of Yazoo Avenue. Nothing was taken.
Shots Fired Calls
* 100 block of Oakhurst Avenue. Nothing found.
* 500 block of School Street. Nothing found.
* 200 block of Cherry Street. Nothing found.
* 700 block of Pecan Street. Nothing found.
Police activity reported Thursday, April 18
* 100 block of Ridgecrest Lane. Nothing was taken.
* 100 block of Westover Drive. Nothing was taken.
* 100 block of Byrd Cove. Nothing was taken.
Shots Fired Calls
* 500 block of East Tallahatchie Street. Nothing found.
* 100 block of Catalpa Street. Subject shot at, but not hit.
During the period from April 9-22, the Clarksdale Police Department received 716 calls for service. Of those calls, 198 generated incident reports. There were three felony arrests, 39 misdemeanor adult and four juvenile charges. Police issued 96 citations and investigated 25 accidents. The totals were reported by Clarksdale Police Chief Sandra Williams during the Monday, April 22 meeting of the Clarksdale mayor and board of commissioners meeting.
Also during that time frame, the Clarksdale Fire Department responded to four house fires, two fires caused by electrical shortages, two wrecks, two fires caused by food left on the stove and six false alarms. The report was made by Fire Chief Rocky Nabors during the April 22 meeting.