Police activity reported on Tuesday, April 9
* 200 block of Clark Street. A shotgun and handgun were taken.
Police activity reported on Monday, April 8
100 block of Cherry Street. A wallet was taken.
* 1000 block of South State Street. An umbrella was taken.
* 400 block of Oakhurst Avenue. A vacant house appeared to have been set on fire.
Police activity reported on Friday, April 5
Burglary of a Building
* 1600 block of West Tallahatchie Street. No items were taken.
* Intersection of Desoto Avenue and South Edwards Street. A vacant residence appears to have been set on fire.
Police activity reported on Thursday, April 4
* 300 block of Anderson Street (KBH). Several tools were taken.
From March 26 through April 8, the Clarksdale Police Department received 740 calls for service. Of those calls, 222 incident reports were filed. There were 47 misdemeanor arrests made and one felony arrest. The police department investigated 18 automobile wrecks and 138 citations were written. The report was given by Police Chief Sandra Williams during Monday’s meeting of the Clarksdale mayor and board of commissioners.
Also during Monday’s meeting, Fire Chief Rocky Nabors reported that during that time frame the Clarksdale Fire Department had responded to four house fires, one apartment fire, one car wreck, one case of reported high carbon monoxide levels and four false alarms.