Faulty fan blamed for fire at Atzimba


An exhaust fan burned and caused a fire at Atzimba Mexican Restaurant on State Street on Tuesday morning, but damage was minor, no injuries occurred and business went uninterrupted.

According to Clarksdale Fire Department Assistant Chief Chris Chicorelli, a call came in at around 9:36 a.m. Tuesday prior to the restaurant opening.

The content you're trying to view is available for Premium Content Subscribers only. Online subscription options are available and are complimentary to all existing print subscribers of The PRESS REGISTER. 
If you're an existing subscriber (print or digital) and already have your Username and Password, click here: https://www.pressregister.com/user
If you're an existing print subscriber and need to activate your online account, click here: https://www.pressregister.com/existing-subscribers
If you're not currently a subscriber, click here for more information about our affordable online subscription options: https://www.pressregister.com/subscribe


Walneika Holmes made history for women’s basketball at Coahoma Community College by becoming... READ MORE


Herman Andrew Jaco, Sr., 65, formerly of Clarksdale and of Hodges, Ala., passed away Monday May... READ MORE